Flash Required to view this area.

Our blog has moved!

Please visit us at http://blog.krisfulk.com! --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

impressions of life: a diana camera story

Friday, June 11, 2010 | |

I posted before about the toy camera work shop I attended back in March with Laura Burlton and Warren Harold.

I used my Diana and a 35mm back. If you've never shot with a toy camera, it's really fun! With a 120 film, you can pretty much guesstimate the field of view you see through your viewfinder versus the field of view you actually capture. But with a 35mm back, it is SO hard to figure out which part of the image will actually be exposed onto the negative. It's like shooting blind! (...Which is fun for me...) Hip shooting, the art of taking photos without putting your eyes to the viewfinder, used to be my thing. While it was fun not knowing what your shots looked like in the end, it's now just something I do occasionally. And with a 35mm film, so it doesn't hurt the pocket as much as rolls of 120s.


houston portrait photographer

houston portrait photographer

houston portrait photographer

houston portrait photographer

houston portrait photographer

Comments

About Me

My photo
Houston, TX, United States
Fashion, editorial and fine art photographer based in Houston, TX. Sometime illustrator. Always a dreamer.